Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sunny Day! With a slight chance of rain....?

Myself, Darrion, Masen and my friend Stephanie along with her two great kids Chase and Coral and her sister Tanya ALL went to Deerfield Beach yesterday. We had a great time! It was so funny to watch all the teenagers and young adults in little groups walking along the shoreline scoping out members of the opposite sex. I thought that was hilarious. It reminded me of being a teenager again. :) Lots of young people on their skim or boogie boards in the water. Lots and lots of butt cracks...yuck. There was a group of girls taking pictures of themselves in thongs...yes you read right thongs. I kept thinking to myself, "don't they know this is a family beach??" Then there was some lady behind us breastfeeding her baby right out in the open, no coverup, no discretion! The one thing I was glad for was NO loud music booming out offensive lyrics. Us grownups had good conversation in and out of the water. Still, when we were in the water I just kept worrying about sharks and what I'd do if one bit me. I kept telling the kids to come in closer next to other people. As the number one rule is never to stray away from the crowd in the water...Easy shark pick! The kids had a blast anyway and they didn't want to leave...even when it started to rain. Still a good day, getting slightly crispy.







No comments: